Re: psearch, search references, aliases

At 04:00 PM 2/2/01 -0500, Mark Smith wrote:
>I will have to think about this one some more.  What are your thoughts?

Well, I think psearch semantics needs to be simple.  Dealing
with aliases and references leads to complex semantics to
which, even if we sorted on the server side semantics,
might not be all that useful to the client.

Hence, my suggestion is to require the server behave as if
ManageDsaIT was provided and require the client to specify
either "never" or "finding" alias dereferencing.

Kurt