Re: Another Persistent Search question

In the Netscape implementation, I'm fairly sure that an entry is only returned to the client if it matched the query after mods were applied.

So, for example, if the psearch used a filter of "foo=bar" and the modification changes the "foo" attribute from "bar" to "baz" then no entry would be returned.

However, for the delete operation, the entry that was deleted is returned.

To summarize:
If optype is ADD, a result is returned to the client iff the new entry matches the psearch criteria
If optype is MODIFY, a result is returned to the client iff the entry matches the psearch criteria after modifications have been applied
If optype is DELETE, a result is returned to the client iff the entry matches the psearch criteria prior to removal
If optype is MODRDN, a result is returned to the client iff the entry matches the psearch criteria after being renamed

That's from memory, but I'm pretty certain it reflects reality.

There's an inconsistency there: you can detect when an entry leaves the result set for delete operations, but not for modify or modrdn operations. I'm not sure it's worth fixing that in the psearch document, but it should definitely be addressed by the LCUP work (and I'll bet LCUP addresses this already).

-Gordon