Another Persistent Search question

It's not clear whether or not entries are returned that do not match the search criteria. Most confusing is 4.c. It says that:
As changes are made to the server, the effected entries MUST be
returned to the client if they match the standard search cri-
teria and if the operation that caused the change is included in
the changeTypes field.  The changeTypes field is the logical OR
of one or more of these values: add (1), delete (2), modify (4),
modDN (8)."

If an entry was deleted, it no longer matches the search criteria. I believe the intent of the authors here is to have that entry returned.

If an entry is modified or renamed, it may cause it to leave the original result set of the search criteria. I don't know whether or not the authors intended these entries to be returned. If they are returned, there are cases that would be difficult for the client to determine if the entry still belongs in the result set.

Can someone clear this up?

Thanks. Jim