Re: Persistent Search questions

On Tue, Jan 30, 2001 at 05:57:18PM -0800, Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:
> In regards to DoS attacks, seems you could really drive a
> server crazy by asking it to sort a persistent search.

To be of any use in an open environment I think it must be possible
with acls to specify who can make persistent search on what, and
perhaps also how many simultaneous searches are allowed. As an
administrator I wouldn't allow this for anonymous binds. There is
a danger of DoS attacks even when not sorting. It might be because
I haven't read all the details, but I fail to see how sorting can
be of any use with persistent searches, except for possibly returning
the entries already present.

Stig