Re: Open issues with the Java LDAP API draft

Actually, I was only taking the information given in the constructor
and copying it to the introduction of the class.

  public LDAPReferralException(String message,
                                LDAPException rootException)

   Constructs a default exception with a specified string as additional
   information and an exception that indicates a failure to follow a
   referral.  This exception applies only to synchronous operations and
   is thrown only on receipt of a referral when the referral was not
   followed.

As I was looking at this, I wondered if LDAPException is
too restrictive.  For example what is reported for a malformed URL?
We cannot report MalformedURLException as it is of type Exception.
Should the rootException be simply of type Exception?

Should the ReferralException class use matchedDN to indicate
which referral caused the problem, or is that overloading that field too much.

-Steve