RE: Comments on draft-seilenga-lldap-cancel-00.txt

Ron,

Sounds ok to me.

Regards,
Tim Hahn

Internet: hahnt@us.ibm.com
Internal: Timothy Hahn/Endicott/IBM@IBMUS or IBMUSM00(HAHNT)
phone: 607.752.6388     tie-line: 8/852.6388
fax: 607.752.3681

To:        Timothy Hahn/Endicott/IBM@IBMUS, ietf-ldapext@netscape.com
cc:
Subject:        RE: Comments on draft-seilenga-lldap-cancel-00.txt

I think it is worth looking more closely at the result codes.

cancelled is the result returned in the original request (success is the
result returned in the abandon response but this doesn't appear).

noSuchOperation, tooLate and cannotCancel are returned in the abandon
response (there is no original request).

Therefore, only 'cancelled' need ba added to RFC 2251. All the others could
appear in a special

    CancelResponseValue ::= ENUMERATED { success(0), noSuchOperation(1),
tooLate(2), cannotCancel(3) }.

(I don't see any reason for the (redundant) SEQUENCE.)

Ron.