new work in X.500 for alignment to LDAP

Hello all

The directory group has begun a project to achieve better alignment with LDAP. Our recent meeting in Orlando produced a working document for study and comment. It is stored on the directory server in boht PDF and Office 98 forms at

  ftp://ftp.bull.com/pub/OSIdirectory/Orlando2000Output/LDAPalignmentWD.doc

  ftp://ftp.bull.com/pub/OSIdirectory/Orlando2000Output/LDAPalignmentWD.pdf

We will produce our next version of the document at a meeting in Geneva 29 January through 2 February.

The editor of this document is Skip Slone (skip.slone@lmco.com).

Peter Yee, David Chadwick, and Kathy Dally will be at your meeting next week to answer any questions you may have.

Or you may email comments to the X.500 participants using OSIdirectory@az05.bull.com

   hoyt