Re: Relationship between dupent and matched values

At 03:20 PM 10/31/2000, Jim Sermersheim wrote:
I'm wrapping up the final edits for a new version of the duplicate entries draft and I was going to add a comment about the usefulness of pairing it with the matched values draft. I'm hesitating now, only because I'd like to see this draft get to RFC status soon and so I don't want to reference a draft that isn't scheduled to be immediately advanced.

Does anyone have strong feelings about this? We could put the note in the matched values draft.

Jim

IMHO, the two drafts have nothing to do with each other.  Duplicate entries deals with entries as a whole.  Matched values (vainly) attempts to solve an attribute-value level problem.  Definitely do NOT tie one to the other!

Bruce

Bruce Greenblatt, Ph. D.
Directory Tools and Application Services, Inc.
http://www.directory-applications.com
See my new Book on Internet Directories: http://www.phptr.com/ptrbooks/ptr_0139744525.html