Re: Returning Matched Values with LDAPv3

I think that I now understand your answer to the question about the
operation
of example (2).  The attribute filter:

    ((attributeTypes=1.2.3.4.5))

should return the same results as

    ((attributeTypes=gunk))

since the right hand side of the "attributeTypes=" needs to go through
some string to OID conversion.  This conversion would return the same
results for both filter values.

In particular, this produces a very useful operation for a client.

The user creates an LDAP search operation with a baseObject set to
cn=subschema subentry, o=myorg, a scope of base, a filter set to
(objectClass=subschema), the list of attributes to be returned set to
"objectClasses", and the ValuesReturnFilter set to
((objectClasses=inetOrgPerson))

The search result returned by the server would consist of the
following entry:

dn: cn=subschema subentry, o=myorg
objectClasses: ( 2.16.840.1.113730.3.2.2
    NAME 'inetOrgPerson'
    SUP organizationalPerson
    STRUCTURAL
    MAY (
        audio $ businessCategory $ carLicense $ departmentNumber $
        displayName $ employeeNumber $ employeeType $ givenName $
        homePhone $ homePostalAddress $ initials $ jpegPhoto $
        labeledURI $ mail $ manager $ mobile $ o $ pager $
        photo $ roomNumber $ secretary $ uid $ userCertificate $
        x500uniqueIdentifier $ preferredLanguage $
        userSMIMECertificate $ userPKCS12
    )
)

Thanks.