Re: Fwd: controlling visability of subentries

"Volpers, Helmut" wrote:

> I think Kurt is right. It's the simplest solution.
> Does this mean that an LDAPServer should never gives a subentry in the
> search result if this control is not set ?

I guess, going with the new scheme would require change in the
following text from RFC 2251:

" Clients MUST only retrieve attributes from a subschema entry by
   requesting a base object search of the entry, where the search filter
   is "(objectClass=subschema)". (This will allow LDAPv3 servers which
   gateway to X.500(93) to detect that subentry information is being
   requested.) "

Any backward compatibility issues (existing clients
using RFC 2251 scheme to read subschema subentries) ?