RE: Fwd: controlling visability of subentries

Yes - to follow the model of X.511, the following will apply:

If the control is present, then NO other
entries will be considered for return to a search operation, though other
entries may be referenced in the base of the search, and normal ACI
policy will be inforced.

If the control is NOT present, then NO subentries
will be considered for return to a search operation.

Ed Reed
Reed-Matthews, Inc.
+1 801 796 7065
http://www.Reed-Matthews.COM

>>> "Volpers, Helmut" <helmut.volpers@icn.siemens.de> 10/19/00 08:39AM >>>
I think Kurt is right. It's the simplest solution.
Does this mean that an LDAPServer should never gives a subentry in the
search result if this control is not set ?

Helmut