Java LDAP API - LDAPControl class

The LDAPControl class needs a setValue method.

I realize that the value can be set on the constructor, but take
the following example.

Suppose I want to build a class in my application that extends
control to build my control, for example, server side sort.

public class LDAPSortControl extends LDAPControl
{
  static String oid="1.2.840.113556.1.4.473";
  public  LDAPSortControl( boolean critical, LDAPSortKey key)
  {
     super( oid, critical, (byte[])null);  // This line must be first in the constructor
        // oops, we haven't built the control value yet - how do we pass it in to
        // the LDAPControl object????
        // need a setValue method to get the job done.
  }

Suggested prototype -

public setValue( byte[] value);

-Steve

Steve Sonntag
Novell, Inc., the leading provider of Net services software