Re: which naming attribute ...

"Kurt D. Zeilenga" wrote:

> At 05:49 PM 10/10/00 -0700, sanjay jain wrote:
> >which naming attribute can be used to create alias objects ?
>
> There is not yet a Standard Track specification for representing
> aliases in the directory;

You mean 'alias' object class defn in RFC 2256, which is
same/similar to X.500 (93) defn, is not enough to create alias
objects in an LDAP directory AND there would be, in future,
another doc on this topic ?
Is support for aliases a MUST for LDAP V3 ?
Although, my understanding is that LDAPBIS is going to define
more specifically what is LDAP V3.

sanjay