additional draft 4th edition directory texts

Hello all

Three more drafts have been produced

First drafts of X.500/part-1, X.519/part-5, and X.535/part-9 are up on the server in word and pdf formats at

ftp://ftp.bull.com/pub/OSIdirectory/4thEditionTexts/

In addition, the pdf versions of all the documents except X.509/part-8 have been reconstructed to eliminate the truncation of text at the bottom of the pages. There is no change to the word versions of the documents.

These documents, or revisions of them, will be submitted to ITU by the morning of 9 October to meet their deadline for texts that will be approved at the ITU Study Grup 7 meeting in Geneva 29 January - 3 February 2001.

Since it is unlikely that these documents will be identical to the output of the editing meeting on Related Entries and with the resolution of comments on the Draft Technical Corrigenda, we will produce documents detailing the corrections needed. Those will be submitted by the week before the SG7 meeting. In addition those documents will contain corrections that are found in the review.

We would like to minimize the number of those types of corrections so we are asking all of you to review as much of these texts as possible. Please send email to Erik ( mailto://era.als@get2net.dk ) and me ( mailto://hoytkesterson@earthlink.com ) describing any errors or problems you find. corrections will be incorporated into the texts sent to ITU by 9 October.

hoyt