From: hahnt@us.ibm.com [mailto:hahnt@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Monday, October 02, 2000 8:36 PM
To: ietf-ldapext@netscape.com
Subject: RE: Considering Attribute Subtypes during ACL evaluation

Sandi,

As I understand the LDAP ACL draft, access control is not applied to
individual values within an attribute within an entry.  Access control
applies to all values for the attribute within the entry.  Thus, I believe
you are correct.

Regards,
Tim Hahn

Internet: hahnt@us.ibm.com
Internal: Timothy Hahn/Endicott/IBM@IBMUS or IBMUSM00(HAHNT)
phone: 607.752.6388     tie-line: 8/852.6388
fax: 607.752.3681

"Miklos, Sue A." <samiklo@missi.ncsc.mil> on 10/02/2000 08:25:22 AM