LDAP Java API normative references

I noticed that the LDAP Java API I-D doesn't include a
normative reference to the technical specification of
the Java programming language.  I believe one is needed.

I believe the definitive Java reference is "The Java
Language Specification" (Gosling, et al):
  "This specification defines the language as it exists today."
  http://java.sun.com/docs/books/jls/index.html
  (referenced by RFC 1713)

Alternatively, the Sun JCP "maintenance review" draft could
be cited (as a 'work in progress').  I suggest this as the
JCP final specification would have greater "maturity"
(though not necessarily sufficient "maturity" for reference
by a Standard Track RFC).

Kurt