Re: Feature discovery (Was: RFC 2596 questions)

Jim wrote:
Whatever the discovery mech is, I'd rather we have it and be  rarely used
than not have it at all. Also, some things (like attr type options)  need
more than just an OID in a list. We need to specify where they can be used
(which attrs or syntaxes support them).

Doesn't this imply then that support of the attribute tags should be
discovered as part of schema discovery?

Karen

Internet: kgdaniec@us.ibm.com
Internal: Karen Gdaniec/Endicott/IBM@IBMUS or
                 IBMUSM10(KGDANIEC)
phone: 607.752.1075   tie-line: 8/852-1075
fax: 607.752.3681
---------------------- Forwarded by Karen Gdaniec/Endicott/IBM on

"Jim Sermersheim" <JIMSE@novell.com> on 09/15/2000 04:33:17 PM