implicit bind - I-D java-api-11

I think the draft should describe more fully the
semantics of the implicit bind w/r automatic referral following:

I will describe what the I-D describes and where
I have questions:

1. Authentication - uses anonomyous credentials unless
   LDAPRebind specified in LDAPConstraints.

2. Protocol Version ?? - Does it use the same protocol
    version as the LDAPConnection receiving the referral or is it
    always V2??  I vote for the having it the same as the originating
    connection.

3. AuthenticationMethod: Is it the same as the originating connection,
    or is it "simple" - I assume simple is used.

4. Does it use the LDAPSocketFactory if specified on the
    originating connection.  I am not sure what to do here.
    It seems better to use it if available, then an encrypted
    connection can be established and thus prevent
    clear text password transmittion on the wire.  I just
    talked myself into it - it should be used.

-Steve