Re: Async operations and automatic referral following in java-api-11

>>> "Steve Sonntag" <VTAG@novell.com> (Steve Sonntag) 09/07/00 09:16AM >>>

I am puzzled why the draft specifies that automatic referral
following is done only for synchronous operations.  While
it is simple for an application using async  to merge results from
multiple listeners or to specify the same listener for multiple
requests, it is not so simple to determine when a request
and all its child referral requests are complete.  Why put
this burden on the application?

IMO there is no technical reason that automatic referral
following mechanisms cannot be used across the board,
for both synchronous and asynchronous operations.

Could you fill me in on the reason for the current design.

Thanks

-Steve