Re: draft-ietf-ldapext-locate-04.txt

Well, whatever. It seems to me that the only reason for requiring this to be bidirectional is for the LDAP server to host a DNS server. I can think of many other uses for dc-naming. However, if dc-naming is to be restricted for use only for DNS host entries, I think that this draft, and the corresponding RFC need to explicitly say that, and to strongly warn implementors away from using the DC attribute for anything else.

Bruce