Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ldapext-locate-04.txt

At 01:54 AM 9/1/00 -0700, RL 'Bob' Morgan wrote:

>On Wed, 30 Aug 2000, Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:
>
>> This draft is pretty much ready to be progressed. However,
>> I believe the removal of CLDAP is incomplete.
>
>Aaaargh.  We have been through this already.  Discussion of this issue in
>June led to the inclusion of these clarifying sentences in version -03 of
>this document:
>
>  "_ldap._tcp" applies to services
>   compatible with LDAPv2 [7] or LDAPv3 [1].  "_ldap._udp"
>   applies to services compatible with CLDAP [8].
>
>I am at a loss for why this text was dropped from version -04.

But it was dropped, hence my comment.

>But for now it's useful, it clarifies the situation, and it
>should stay (or be put back) in.

If that's the consensus of the WG, do it (now!) and progress it
(soon).   It was not my intent to cause this I-D endlessly revision.
I had a point for consideration, I made it, it was considered,
let's move on.

        Kurt