RE: Matching Rules for Constructed Syntaxes

On Wed, 30 Aug 2000, Erik Andersen wrote:

> I do not see why we should not include it in our first draft for the LDAP
> alignment works. David, hope to see you in Orlando. Your presence would be
> very useful.

Can someone from the X.500 community describe and/or offer a pointer to
the "LDAP alignment" activity?  I think everyone involved with LDAP is
pleased that this is happening, but especially in the context of the
ldapbis work, one of whose items will be (I think) clarifying LDAP's
dependencies on X.500, it does raise questions of who is aligning with
whom.

Thanks,

 - RL "Bob"