RE: WG Last Call: draft-ietf-ldapext-ldapv3-dupent-03.txt

David,

You're right. Unless there is opposition, I'll plan on removing the text that prohibits subtypes and make another change that make the inclusion of subtypes obvious.

Jim

>>> Dave Watts <DJW@datcon.co.uk> 7/12/00 5:08:26 AM >>>
Jim,

Sorry to come in on this discussion late.

There was one thing I noticed in your draft RFC - I think that you
**should** consider subtypes for duplicate entries. This is more consistent
with the general LDAP/X.500 rule:
- subtypes count for interrogation operations
- subtypes are ignored for modification operations.

Regards,

David