extendedPartialResponse I-D

[I changed subject of this response, I'll post modify/delete
comments separately]
At 08:05 AM 8/18/00 -0600, Haripriya S wrote:
>> Using (a generalization of) extendedPartialResponse with delete/modify,
>IMO, is a much better approach.  I believe such a generalization
>is in the works.
>
>Is somebody working on it?

Yes, if IIRC from IETF#48 (hallway?) discussions, the authors of the
existing extendedPartialResponse I-D were working on a generalization
to allow it to be returned in response as defined in an extension
(whether defined using an "extended" operation or control mechanism).

I hope a Standard Track RFC updating 2251 is published on this subject
soon so that the update can be considered for incorporation into the
future LDAPv3 Draft Standard.

Kurt