Re: New draft - LDAP control for modify and delete on multipleentries

- Currently a modify or delete operation doesn't return any partial responses, and hence the desicion to let the response for modify/delete remain as it is. As the request control is the one that imposes search semantics, the control response was designed to carry its specific responses, rather than change the base operation's response.

This is one of the reasons that I chose to use extended operations for subtree copy, delete and modify. I submitted an update during the blackout period, and I will use this opportunity to resubmit it. Note also,Michael Armijo (who I haven't heard from in a while) wrote a draft sometime back for a subtree delete control, which was atomic, and didn't require partial updates. Have you looked at his draft?

Bruce Greenblatt, Ph. D.
Directory Tools and Application Services, Inc.
http://www.directory-applications.com
See my new Book on Internet Directories: http://www.phptr.com/ptrbooks/ptr_0139744525.html