Re: Duplicate entries filter

At 10:31 AM 8/16/00 -0600, Jim Sermersheim wrote:
These examples do reflect the original intent of the I-D. While writing it, I had assumed the behavior previously discussed as a) (filter, duplicate, return). Given the usefulness of Kurt's example, I changed it to b) [filter, duplicate, filter, return (if your server can do this more efficiently, more power to ya)]. Then the notion of a flag was introduced.

I think a better alternative is to have the behavior be a) (which in my mind is simpler to implement), then allow use of the matched values control to produce the results of b). This way we are back to two separate controls that have non-overlapping specific functionality. If we agree to this proposal, I'll add appropriate text to the Interaction With Other Controls section.

I do prefer two separate controls as I believe it easier to describe
control combination semantics.

duplicate-entries:  filter, dup, return results
matched-values:  filter, trim, return results

duplicate-entries+matched-values: filter, dup, trim, return results
matched-values+duplicate-entries: filter, trim, dup, return results

other combinations?