Duplicate Entries question

Jim

How do you envisage the criticality flag and the partial control flag
interacting, for all four combinations, viz:

i) critical false, partial true - presumably the server can duplicate
entries from zero to all of the attributes

ii) critical true, partial false - presumably the server must duplicate
entries for all of the attributes or fail

Now here are the interesting ones

iii) critical false, partial false -  the server can duplicate entries for
zero OR all of the attributes, but not some number in between ?

iv) critical true, partial true - the server can duplicate entries from
zero to all of the attributes, same as case i)? If this is the case it
means that criticality has no effect when partial is true.

I wonder if we really need both flags? If we wrote the spec to say
that if critical is false, the server can choose to duplicate entries
from any, all or none of the attributes, and if critical is true it must
do all or give an error, then we dont need the partial flag do we?

David

David Chadwick
IS Institute, University of Salford, Salford M5 4WT
Tel +44 161 295 5351  Fax +44 161 745 8169
Mobile +44 790 167 0359
Email D.W.Chadwick@salford.ac.uk
Home Page  http://www.salford.ac.uk/its024/chadwick.htm
Understanding X.500  http://www.salford.ac.uk/its024/X500.htm
X.500/LDAP Seminars http://www.salford.ac.uk/its024/seminars.htm
Entrust key validation string MLJ9-DU5T-HV8J