controlling visability of subentries

One other issue I would like to raise in regards to LDAP subentry
is the mechanism proposed to control their visibility.  I believe
the approach of overloading the search filter to control visibility
is not the best approach.  As we've found previously, the semantics
of such overloads are difficult to define (and hence implement) when
the filter is complex (which we must assume it will be).

I believe that LDAPsubentry visibility should be control by a mechanism
more closely modeled after the X.500 subentry visibility mechanism.
In particular, I suggest use of a control.  The use of a control
will allow a clear and concise specification of visibility semantics
which facilitates implementation and use.

Comments?

	Kurt