RE: LDUP Working Group Agenda - Summary of objections to requirem ents draft

This is good and should be discussed.

Lets put the goals down first - can the LDUP and URP standards make
scaleable, reliable directory information systems for business use?

I aggree and have voiced the opinion that once we go "sub atomic" on
directory objects/entries - then that is implementation - not
standardisation. For instance we dismantle in every DSA a complete DSAs
NameSpace into RDB tables (32 patents) - so we can automatically index, 2
phase commit, etc.. we can do database replication (sub atomic - product
feature) and ,DISP and DSP writethrough (standards feature).

Can any vendor/person  on this list confirm their desire to do directory
entry sub - atomic interoperability testing.. and waht are the tests when
they can do that.

The rules of the IETF (IMHO) state that 2 or more implementations must
interwork - to make an RFC.
 Can those involved say so.. otherwise -  please consider..

Something which is "lightweight" cannot be "Unpredictable" and
"Preposterously complex".

regards alan