RE: Use of criticality in dupent-04

At 04:50 PM 7/28/2000 -0400, Mircea Pana wrote:
>I'd say that if a response operation has a control and the client does not
understand it  then:
>a) if the control is critical then the client SHOULD NOT make use of this
response or
>(obviously) the associated control

But the client already has the whole response.  What does it mean to "not
make use of the control"?  Aren't we only concerned with across the wire
behavior?  This appears to be an unenforceable mandate...
Bruce Greenblatt, Ph. D.
Directory Tools and Application Services, Inc.
http://www.directory-applications.com
See my new Book on Internet Directories:
http://www.phptr.com/ptrbooks/ptr_0139744525.html