RE: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ldapext-refer-00.txt

At 06:42 PM 7/19/00 +1000, Steven Legg wrote:

>Kurt,

This would be a replication error as one server was not using
standard track representation of the referral object.

>Better if the referencing
>entry is a DSE with no object class,

My primary reason of suggesting use of object classes, especially
for subordinate references, is that the semantics need to be
established when the entry is instantiated.  The DSE type associated
with the object should be immutable.

>or has the same object class as
>the referenced entry.

Then the object would be required to have all the required attributes
of these classes.

>I'd prefer to use separate attributes instead of separate options to convey
>the semantics but that's not critical.

This would at least remove the question "what are the semantics
of an optionless 'refer' attribute?".