Re: delete permission

At 06:21 PM 07/18/2000 +0100, David Chadwick wrote:
 LDAPv3 basic only allows leaf entries to be deleted, but
there was talk of having an operation to delete full subtrees. I dont
know the status of this, do you?

David

My proposal that included subtree operations for delete, copy and modify as extended operations has expired. Michael Armijo wrote a draft that included a control to add to the existing delete operation, which also appears to have expired. If there is interest, I can resubmit the draft to reactivate it (I have a change or two that I need to make anyway). Of the two approaches I liked mine better (but I'm biased). Michael did make some interesting points in favor of the use of a control.

Bruce