Re: attribute type inheritence..

At 10:48 AM 7/13/00 -0700, sanjay jain wrote:
>Could somebody please clarify if any or all of
>SINGLE-VALUE/MULT-VALUE, COLLECTIVE/
>non-COLLECTIVE and NO-USER-MODIFICATION/
>USER-MODIFICATION specs are inherited while defining
>a new attribute type as a subtype of another attribute.
>Its not clear to me either from RFC 2252 or X.501 (1993)
>Section 12.4.2.

X.501 could be clarified a bit in this area.

I would think they should be inherited if not explicitly
specified.

foo;lang-en should be X if foo is X

(where X is any of the above characteristics)

I would also think some restrictions upon changes are likely
appropriate.  I don't think it makes much sense to have a
non-collective subtype of a collective attribute.