Re: Revised Matched Values Draft

At 09:15 AM 7/12/2000 -0700, Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:
>At 06:01 PM 7/11/00 -0700, Bruce Greenblatt wrote:
>>I'll voice the same reservations this time that I voiced last time.
>>
>>Use of this control solves a problem that normally exists due to poor
schema and DIT design.

>X.500 is designed to support multiple valued attributes.  In numerous
>cases it makes good sense for a given attribute to have many
>(hundreds, thousands, more?).  X.500 recognized this and, to aid
[snip]

Kurt,

I disagree (obviously).  Just because an implementation allows you to do
something, doesn't mean that it was designed to support it or that is even
a good idea.  For example, just because you can put 25 college students in
a Volkswagen Beetle doesn't make it a good idea, or an indication that the
car's designers had that in mind when they first designed the car.

Bruce
Bruce Greenblatt, Ph. D.
Directory Tools and Application Services, Inc.
http://www.directory-applications.com
See my new Book on Internet Directories:
http://www.phptr.com/ptrbooks/ptr_0139744525.html