Re: Applicability Stmt (AS) rescinding "IESG Note" and defining "LDAPv3"

At 12:31 PM 6/29/00 -0700, I wrote:
>I feel:
>	a) an applicability statement is needed
>	b) RFC2251-56,2829-30 need revision (some more than others)
>
>These, in my opinion, are separate issues.
>
>I believe an applicability statement should be published
>and that it should rescind the IESG notice regarding
>applicability of the technical specifications (RFC 2251-56).

On second thought, I guess I would have to object to
the progression of the AS if it included any changes
to the technical specification.

If one were to rescind the IESG notice, I would think
it appropriate to strength the Security Considerations
of the specifications.  Something like:
   Update functionality SHOULD be restricted to securely
   authenticated clients.

As such, I cannot support progressing the AS in its
current form as it would either result in inadequate
specification of Security Considerations or would
modify the technical specification.

Kurt