Re: UTF-8 / Unicode / Local conversions

At 10:57 19.06.2000 -0500, Chris Tomlinson wrote:
But T.61 is the main requirement for supporting LDAP v2. Also I don't think there is a standard set of T.61
conversions in Java. In fact as far as I know you can represent characters in T.61 that have no correspondence in
UCS-2/UTF-8.

I'd like to see an example; T.61 was on the list of charsets for which Unicode was supposed to provide round-trip compatibility (convert into Unicode and back with no loss of information).

                   Harald

Harald.Alvestrand@edb.maxware.no