RE: WG Last Call: draft-just-ldapv3-rescodes-02.txt

The draft adds/changes portions of 2251 that are relevant to result codes.
I believe that Mark had indicated at the last IETF meeting that this draft
(along with other suggested updates) would be included in the eventual
update to 2251. At that point, it specifications would be requirement for
conformance with 2251.

I indicated at the last meeting that this document should be on the
standards track since it does add to, as well as amend 2251. Whereas if it
just gathered and combined information from 2251 and X.511, informational
status might be more appropriate. As an example, the description of
operationsError differs somewhat from 2251 since 2251 indicates that this
error code may be returned from a Bind operation attempt. On the other hand,
we specify that operationsError is applicable to all operations except Bind.

Once this draft reaches RFC status, implementers can choose to conform to it
(assuming that they do not already).

Would a paragraph summarizing these points above better indicate the
applicability of the document for you?

Thanks,
Mike J.