Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ldapext-cldap-00.txt

At 02:13 PM 6/5/00 -0400, Mark C Smith wrote:
>It would also be valuable to provide a "scope" or "requirements"
>section.  For example, I think a useful CLDAP protocol could omit all of
>the update operations (keeping compare and search).

Note that standard track protocol with update operations need
a mandatory to implement secure authentication mechanism....
remove update operations, remove the requirement for secure
authentication...

I would agree with Mark that CLDAP would remain useful
without update operations.

Kurt