Error Code returned when Critical Extension fails

Title: Error Code returned when Critical Extension fails

I wanted to get clarification from the WG on which error code should be used when an operation with a critical control fails due to an error within the control.

A simple example would be a failed critical VLV control (let's say due to a missing Sort control).

The most obvious answer would be unavailableCriticalExtension (12), but it is not explicitly defined for this condition on RFC 2251 (or in the Result Codes draft).

I would like clarification from the WG on this to make sure we are all agreed on how to handle this condition.

thanks,
Michael