Re: vendor name - draft-ietf-ldapext-ldap-c-api-04.txt

Mark Smith wrote:
>  <nothing>

That was strange.  Apparently my email client discarded the text I typed
before it sent the message.  I think the original HTML message confused
it somehow (join the IETF list if you want to discuss HTML vs. plain
text mail).  One more time:

Steve Sonntag said:

> The text is silent on ldapai_vendor_name in the LDAPAPIInfo structure.
>
> It needs at a minimum something like the following:

> ldapapi_vendor_name
>
>           The caller is responsible for disposing of the memory occupied by this value by passing it
>           to ldap_memfree() which is described later in this document.

This issue has been raised before.  Some text was accidentally omitted
from the -04 version of the draft (editing error on my part).  Here's
the missing text:

ldapai_vendor_name
          A zero-terminated string that contains the name of the party
          that produced the LDAP API implementation.  This field may be
          set to NULL if no name is available.  If non-NULL, the caller
          is responsible for disposing of the memory occupied by passing
          this pointer to ldap_memfree() which is described later in
          this document.  This value SHOULD match the value of the
          LDAP_VENDOR_NAME macro described earlier in this document.

ldapai_vendor_version
          An implementation-specific version number multiplied by 100.
          For example, if the implementation version is 4.0 then this
          field will be set to 400.  If no version information is avail-
          able, this field will be set to 0.  This value SHOULD match
          the value of the LDAP_VENDOR_VERSION macro described earlier
          in this document.

--
Mark Smith
Directory Product Development / iPlanet E-Commerce Solutions