Re: gluing directories with draft-ietf-ldapext-locate-02.txt

> The intro to this draft states this may be used by clients (or servers
> acting as clients).  I'd like to add that it may also be used by
> servers acting as servers to generate appropriate referrals to
> requests not held by the server. That is, if a client requests a DN
> not held by a server, that server could use DNS SRV to produce a
> suitable referral to the client.

The phrase from the draft is "a client, or a server acting on behalf of a
client", and it was meant to cover exactly what you describe here.  Note
that a server might generate a referral, or might do the operation for the
client (ie, chain).  The current language in the draft seems clear enough
to me.  If you want to propose new language to make it clearer, please do.

Thanks for setting up the demo server!

 - RL "Bob"