Warning about the "ILOVEYOU" virus...

Hi all,

  I received the following warning from my company's
helpdesk this morning.  Though some or all of you
may already know about it, I figured I'd pass it along
anyway, especially since an email from a spammer
with this subject was mailed to the list very recently.

-Andy

  The IT Help Desk would like to warn all employees about a virus that they
may receive in an email.  If you receive a message with the subject
"ILOVEYOU" or a message with an attachment named
"LOVE-LETTER-FOR-YOU.TEXT.VBS", do not execute the attachment included with
the email even if it is from someone you know.  This virus will modify your
windows configuration and send itself to email addresses it finds in your
address book.

There are currently no updates available for Norton Antivirus which will
detect this virus.  The Help Desk will send another message when those
updates are available so that your system can be protected.  In the
meantime, and as always, it is recommended that you do not run any
attachments that you receive in an email unless you specifically requested
the attachment or are certain that the attachment was sent to you
intentionally by the sender.