RE: Changelog entries draft. Do not seem to find it.

Title: RE: Changelog entries draft. Do not seem to find it.

So lets try to get a list of all the current uses of changelogs
(good or bad), and see if we can identify viable alternatives for them.
If not, then I think we've got a good reason to look at changelog standardization.

I'll start with my original list
> Accountability (Who did what? When?)
> Problem Tracking (Why is my email address X)
> Recovery (Whoops, I didn't really want to rename everyone in
> my directory)
> Client-side caching (Give me all the changes to a subtree)

and add,

Change Monitoring (a new addition to the changelog means something
changed somewhere... it's kind of a caching issue, but a little
different)

Anyone else?

James A Benedict
Advisor, IP Directory Systems Architecture
Preside Policy Services
NORTEL NETWORKS
Ph:  (613) 763-3909