Re: (c.harding 38467) bug in blits

I'm sorry. I was behind in my email and just read this exchange. I would agree with Vincent. IF the base DN of the search exists but nothing matches the filter, then success with zero entries returned is correct. However, if the base DN for the search doesn't exist, then the server should return "noSuchObject".

>>> Vincent Ryan <Vincent.Ryan@Ireland.Sun.COM> 02/04/00 08:26AM >>>

The tests listed below all attempt to perform a search at a
non-existent entry. It is correct to expect a noSuchObject
error to be returned.

Admittedly, the Procedure clause in each of the test specifications
is a little misleading and could be replaced with:

    Submit a {subtree | single-level | base-level} search request
    where the base object does not exist.