Re: Security Considerations indraft-weltman-ldapv3-auth-response-01.txt

"Kurt D. Zeilenga" wrote:

> BTW, what's the intended track of this document?  I suggest
> adding a note to the draft indicating your intent.

Good point.  You raised this before but we neglected to address it.  I
think this should be a standards track document, i.e., if a server is
going to return authentication information this is how it should do it
(subject to revision and debate about issues such as whether the client
must request the information, etc. of course).  My point is that we
should have one way of returning this information so that if a server or
client needs this feature they can count on it being implemented in just
one way from a protocol perspective.

--
Mark Smith
Directory Product Development / iPlanet E-Commerce Solutions