From: Paul Leach
Sent: Tuesday, January 04, 2000 3:53 PM
To: 'Linda Grimaldi'; ietf-ldapext@netscape.com
Subject: RE: Newbie question

There is no transactional support in LDAP today. And the kind you are looking for conflicts with the desire for high availability. A TP monitor using LDAP as its store would not improve matters -- it wouldn't function as expected, and at past it would give high consistency at the expense of availability.