Newbie question

Apologies for the elementary nature of this question.  If there is a more appropriate mailing list to send it to, please let me know.

Anyhow, I have been looking at the policy drafts from the IETF (<draft-ietf-policy-framework-00.txt>, for example) and I have been doing some LDAP-related work for a couple of months.  LDAP, near as I can tell, has no transactional model.  Relationships in network management and policy management/deployment can get a little hairy.  I was wondering if the need for transactional support in LDAP is felt, or if an architectural decision has been made that any transactional enforcement is up to the application via a TP monitor or similar product?  Or if I am totally off base and there is some transactional support mechanism in LDAP of which I am ignorant (wouldn't be the first time.)

Thanks,
Linda Grimaldi
linda.grimaldi@wcom.com