RE: I-D ACTION:draft-zeilenga-ldap-authpasswd-00.txt

At 04:33 PM 12/22/99 -0800, Paul Leach (Exchange) wrote:
>Sorru, my question wasn't quite precise enough. Is it intended for use
>by any other server, including other LDAP servers, than the one that
>stores the authPassword attribute for a given a user object?

The attribute is primarily intended to be used by any server which
holds the entry containing the attribute.  This could be a master
or one of its replicas (shadows).  Through use of compare and
AuthPasswordMatch, it is also possible that a server-in-the-middle
(proxy) could make use the attribute.