RE: I-D ACTION:draft-zeilenga-ldap-authpasswd-00.txt

Title: RE: I-D ACTION:draft-zeilenga-ldap-authpasswd-00.txt

I have a clarification question.
In section 3, "Background and Intended Use", it says:

  authPassword is intended to be used to store hashed password values
  for authentication purposes.  The attribute may be used by servers to
  implement LDAP simple bind and SASL [RFC 2222] user/password
  mechanisms such as DIGEST-MD5 [DIGEST-MD5].

Which "servers" are you referring to? In particular, is it intended to be used by the LDAP server storing it for authentication purposes, or by other servers?

Paul