Re: LDAP APIs -- ldap_get_option -- question

Hi,

thanx for fast response.

What I really want to know, when I call ldap_get_option(), is the
default configuration of slapd, but not the parameters, passed to
ldap_open() explicitly (since my application should not bother about
asking that values, and I usually call this function with default
args values).

There is no dtfference for me, in how to get the information --
calling ldap_get_option() twice for hostname and port number values, or only
once, to get composite string in "hostname::portnumber" form.

>Vladimir Tsyshevsky wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> my question is about draft-ietf-ldapext-ldap-c-api-04.txt ldap_get_option call.
>>
>> Why the default port value cannot be asked for (but LDAP_OPT_HOST_NAME
>> can). The same about default LDAP base.
>
>Someone else suggested that the operation of LDAP_OPT_HOST_NAME needs
>clarification in the draft.  The intent is that a call to
>ldap_get_option() with option LDAP_OPT_HOST_NAME will return the entire
>hostname string that was passed to ldap_init().  But if the port was
>passed separately, there is no way to retrieve it, so maybe we should
>say that LDAP_OPT_HOST_NAME will return a string with :PORT on the end,
>e.g.,
>
>   ldap_init( "ldap.netscape.com", 3389 )
>
>would result in an LDAP_OPT_HOST_NAME string of:
>
>    "ldap.netscape.com:3389"
>
>etc.
>
>Comments?
>
>--
>Mark Smith
>iPlanet Directory Architect / Sun-Netscape Alliance
>My words are my own, not my employer's.   Got LDAP?

Regards,
Vladimir V. Tsychevski
senior expert

                  Jet Infosystems
Krasnoproletarskaya 6,		Tel. (+7 095) 972-1182
Moscow 103006, Russia		Fax  (+7 095) 972-0791
Any opinions or recommendations herein are those of
the author and not of his computer.